Friday, April 17, 2009

Shattered Hopes !!!

A corollary to my previous posting : " My boss, a leader in reckoning"..

Rhonda says " Desire whole heartedly what you want and the Universe will conspire to help you get it "..Sorry Rhonda..it didnt work for Mr. Kumar.

Kumar lived in a fantasy for the last 3 months. He enacted every facet of a leader he thought he could be. The threats, the aggression, the politics, the networking. He in fact decided on a successor to the throne he was going to vacate. All his hopes shattered a few days back. An unknown entity in the industry was offered the coveted place.

It was like the Mukhiya of a village in unrest aspiring to be the PM. They say the biggies didnt think he was ready yet.

Behaviours changed overnight. You insulted your successor for his incapability to deliver a simple Elevator pitch. You decide to entertain your old time sub ordinates whom you had harassed for the last 3 months. You flirt with the same Gunny whom you had told to search for another assignment. You talk to me about a trip to Nagarahole and basking on Mary Jane. You discuss massages with jerks like Bandi and Gabbar.

Am I happy or not ? I maybe happy as you used me for all your initial interview presentations and then suddenly decided that a curler is more beneficial to you.
I maybe sad as you will continue to be the Mukhiya for time unknown..

No comments: