Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Comfortably Numb

"Hello.
Is there anybody in there? 
Just nod if you can hear me.
Is there anyone home? 

Come on, now.
I hear youre feeling down.
Well I can ease your pain,
Get you on your feet again.

Relax.
I need some information first.
Just the basic facts:
Can you show me where it hurts? 

There is no pain, you are receding.
A distant ships smoke on the horizon.
You are only coming through in waves.
Your lips move but I cant hear what youre sayin.
When I was a child I had a fever.
My hands felt just like two balloons.
Now I got that feeling once again.
I cant explain, you would not understand.
This is not how I am.
I have become comfortably numb."

Was this what we needed to shake us out of our reverie ? A recession.

A Gunny who had a care a damn attitude cries in office. Is willing to forego her attitude and seek help from lesser mortals like us.

Ex colleagues taunt me for having stuck on for so long. I feel like I have been sitting at the same desk for perpetuity. 

Where has the zeal gone ? Why am i not fighting with myself ? 

This is not how Iam.....or have i become comfortably numb..


No comments: